From micro-flutes to large flutes: The glue units from BHS Corrugated ensure optimal glue application by evenly spreading the minimal amounts across the entire working width of the corrugated board. After all, when using glue, the same principle applies as when setting the process temperatures: As little as possible – as much as necessary!
GU-M glue units
Here an already successful design was technically optimized even further. The glue units from BHS Corrugated make it possible to meet all requirements for reliability, productivity and quality to the utmost. Automatically and with high precision, the glue gap adjustment ensures consistent glue application – and does it across the entire range of production speeds. The glue units provide more than just optimal bonding of the corrugated board, they also ensure the high quality of the entire surface area. Individual speed settings for each glue unit level enable the direct actuation of the glue applicator rolls. These are also available with different grids for your individual production requirements.
The operation of the glue units is integrated into the front plate but can also be regulated from the control station.
The Machine Control Center (MCC) with its touch panel provides a comprehensive overview and monitoring of the gluing process. For this purpose, the integrated glue level monitoring system has a retrofitted actuation of the glue feed.
Automated glue dams
The automated glue dams ensure that no adhesives are applied to the tips of the webs outside of the maximum laminating width, thus preventing soiling of the hotplates in the retrofitted heat and traction sections and the corresponding time-intensive cleaning. The glue dams can be set individually for each glue unit level if needed.
- Wear-resistant pressure shoes– optimal press-on behavior – consistent pressure even in case of different paper grammages
- Optimal bonding conditions due to individual setting of the glue application speed by means of direct drive at each station
- Automatic glue dam adjustment through paper edge capture
- Stainless steel glue units: rustproof glue tub with cleaning function
- High energy efficiency due to low glue application
- Integrated monitoring of paper tears